Want to work with us?
Be your own boss
Pick your students
Set your hours
Set your rate
Get paid every week
Become A Tutor
Freedom Tutors offers 100% guarantee to our students and tutors alike. However, as per our terms and conditions, we can only offer that guarantee if the correspondence happens within our platform. We commit to protecting all your submitted information, resolve any conflict or misunderstanding between tutors and students, resolve pricing, payment, cancellation or any other related disputes that may arise as long as all written communications happen through our platform and the assigned email address.
To that effect, we ask that tutors refrain from sharing personal email addresses, social media profiles, external websites or any other external links with their students in order for us to be able to resolve any dispute should they happen to arise.
You and your student are more than welcome to exchange phone numbers, but only after the student has submitted their billing information and their payment method has been approved.
We do this for two reasons:
- We want to make sure that the initial contact between any tutor and student on Freedom tutors.com happens through our platform so we can ensure that the student requests are legitimate and each student is matched with the correct tutor.
You can get new students on our platform as follows:
- You get contacted by students who have seen your tutor profile and would like to work with you.
We recommend that you spend some time and craft a professional and complete profile. This will be your first introduction to your student so it is very important that is well done, complete and most importantly it reflect who you are. Make sure to include a good quality picture preferably smiling, list all your credentials, education and experience, include a personal message to your prospective students or their parents (here is an example if you need inspiration) and make sure to include videos and lesson plans.
- You can also help establish credibility by answering questions from our Cafe writing blogs, making YouTube videos, and responding to students’ requests in a timely manner.
We know that you, like every other Freedom Tutor, are an outstanding instructor so if you receive a bad review, it is most likely a misunderstanding.
We respect you, your integrity and competence just as much as we respect the student'/guardian's right to give their honest evaluation of your performance.
While we can’t remove the sting of a bad review, we recommend these steps whenever you receive one:
- Talk to the student and their guardian and try to truly listen to them to understand what their objection is. As hard as it is to listen to criticism, please listen without judgement- you may be able to learn something about you, learn something about the student or their guardian that you had missed so far or be able to pinpoint a misunderstanding.
- Offer to refund the student/parent for the lesson they are reviewing you negatively for. We are not going to automatically remove the review just because you refund the money, but if the student/ parent authorizes us to, we will.
- Use the feedback you got from step 1 to avoid additional negative reviews.
- Always reply to student’s review, especially a negative one. Your perspective students and/or their parents/guardians will see your reviews. Therefore it is important that you balance them with your side of the story. Remember to be cautious and factual in your reply. Only give your side of the story without labeling or getting into confrontations. If the negative review is based on frivolous reasons or none at all, your prospective students are going to be inclined to side with your thoughtful reply.
If you want to refund a student, immediately send us an email with the Cancel Student Payment subject line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, the name of the student, date, time and venue of the lesson (online or in person), subject and amount of money charged as well as the reason for the refund.
A number of factors go into your ranking, but declining to work with a student that requests to work with you is not one of them. You have the right to choose who you want to work with. However, we expect you to politely reply to every student that reaches out in a timely manner. Please respond to every student request as soon as you can either by accepting or declining the offer and that can actually boost your ranking.
If you want to remain active on the Freedom Tutors platform but can’t accept new students for a period of time, you can adjust your calendar availability. You will only show up in search results that match your availability. Therefore, if you have zero availability for a period of time, you will not show up in search results. You can go back and amend the calendar every time your availability changes.
You will get paid by your student or their parent/guardian. Freedom Tutors charges the student account as soon as you submit a lesson and they accept it . Then we safeguard that money in escrow for 5 days. They money becomes available to you at the end of that period.
If you choose to get paid by direct deposit, the money will get deposited into your account 5 days after each submitted and approved lesson whereas if you choose to get paid by check we will mail a check with your available funds to your address on file on the 1st and 15th of each month.